Selman Jowett Solicitors can represent you in Local Court and assist you with the following matters:
- Apprehended violence orders (AVOs)
- Drink driving offences (for low, medium and high-range PCA offences)
- Issues relating to the Motor Accidents Authority
- Small claims under $10,000
- Civil matters with claims of up to $60,000
- Criminal / summary prosecutions
- Committal hearings
- Juvenile prosecutions
- Certain family law matters
- Coronial inquests / inquiries
- Licensing matters
- Certain industrial matters
- Local Court Appeals
Selman Jowett Solicitors can provide representation and assistance in the Children’s Court of NSW for the following matters:
- Matters relating to the care and protection of both children and young people; and
- Criminal matters involving children and young people.
Our advice is practical and delivered in plain English so that children, young people, parents and guardians can all understand what is required and likely to happen at Court.
District and Supreme Court
Selman Jowett Solicitors will continue to assist you if your matter progresses to the District or Supreme Court of NSW including assisting you with choosing an experienced and expert barrister to speak for you in court should you require one.
We can also prepare and file an appeal against a conviction or the severity of a sentence imposed by the Local Court and continue to assist you throughout the appeal process.
We can also assist with Civil Claims over $60,000 including de facto property, business and general litigation. Again, part of that service is helping you choose the right barrister with experience in that particular field.
Arrange a consultation with an experienced solicitor.